Harman Hardwood Flooring Company offers the finest quality hardwood flooring products for residential homes as well as commercial applications. If you’re looking for a helpful resource for hardwood flooring, we’re happy to offer our expertise to our valued customers.
Are you purchasing new hardwood flooring? Refinishing an old floor? Just looking for advice on the best option for flooring? The professionals at Harman are always here to lend a helping hand. We’ve been in the flooring industry for over 70 years and we're here to help!
Hardwood flooring has been the preferred flooring option for decades. Long-lasting, aesthetically pleasing, and durable, hardwood flooring/refinishing might be exactly what you need to give your home a brand new look and maximize its value.
With hardwood floors, we take into account all the finishing touches. Let us know if you’re interested in matching hardwood vent covers and staircase refacing.
Hardwood Flooring Options
Professional flooring stores offer a wide variety of flooring options. As you’re in the process of selecting the flooring option that’s right for you, you may be overwhelmed at all the details you need to consider. We can help you through the process and make sure you get not only the proper flooring for your home but the flooring you really want!
When it comes to hardwood flooring, you have the option to select the installation method, type of wood, solid wood or engineered wood, and type of finish. We offer many hardwood flooring options, including Oak, Maple, Walnut, Ash, Beech, Birch, and Hickory, as well as many others including exotic options including Brazilian Cherry, Santos Mahogany, and Tigerwood, and more.
Are you interested in a certain look or characteristic for your flooring? With Harman, you have the option of premium or character-grade options including reclaimed timber, natural distressing, raised knots, artfully distressed surface scrapes, nail holes, notches, saw kerf marks, or other unique characteristics.
There’s no right or wrong answer when choosing your favorite flooring. To help you select the hardwood flooring that best suits your preferences, try our Hardwood Flooring Wizard!
The Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
As you consider your options for flooring, we want to help you take into account the following qualifying factors:
- Longevity – how long do you want your flooring to last before it must be replaced? Hardwood flooring typically lasts a lifetime and can be refinished multiple times before it needs to be replaced.
- Value – hardwood flooring increases the value of your home because of its stability and enduring beauty. Unlike tile or carpet.
- Durability – how much traffic will the flooring typically receive? Hardwood flooring can withstand heavy traffic and still maintain its impressive look.
- Cleaning – how easy do you want to be able to clean the flooring? Hardwood flooring can easily be wiped clean and the finish prevents moisture and debris from seeping into the seams.
- Maintenance – do you want a flooring option that is easy to maintain instead of replacing? More often than not, hardwood flooring can be refinished and resealed instead of replaced.
- Cost – do you want the cheapest flooring option or the best value? Hardwood flooring may initially cost more than alternative flooring options, but lasts a lifetime and can add value to your home.
Alternative Flooring Options
As an alternative to hardwood flooring, you may want to consider laminate flooring or vinyl. These flooring options come in a variety of colors and styles that are often indistinguishable from solid hardwood flooring. Waterproof, durable, and affordable, laminate or vinyl flooring might be the option that best suits your needs. Learn more about luxury vinyl plank flooring here.
We offer tools and supplies for rent for those DIY-ers who are prepared to install their new flooring. We’d be happy to offer advice and recommendations based on our experience.